Fall is an exciting time for locals and visitors in Aiken, as the city is decorated with spooky fall decorations like pumpkins, spider webs, and scarecrows. Aiken offers a variety of fall-themed events, including haunted ghost tours, fall festivals, and Halloween equine events. Aiken is a popular destination for those looking to experience the spooky side of fall, and we’ve compiled a list of the top 5 events to check out.
1. Join Kent Cubbage on the Aiken Ghost Tour as he guides you through several stops, including the St. Thaddeus Church graveyard and the Old Post Office, to face the eerie spirits lurking in the downtown shadows.
2. Join the Halloween festivities at Bruce’s Field for October at Bruce’s Field and dress up with the horses!
3. Scarecrows will be coming back to downtown! Take a selfie with a scarecrow and vote for your favorite scarecrow on the Aiken Downtown Development Association’s Facebook page.
4. Experience the spooky side of history on the Spooky Tours at the Aiken County Historical Museum.
5. Experience a spine-tingling outdoor movie night under the open sky at the Aiken Steeplechase Racecourse to watch “Hocus Pocus” at Steeplechase Movie Night.