Restaurant owners Scott and Angela Richardson named the dining establishment in honor of William C. Whitney, who was an avid sportsman and leading member of the "Aiken Winter Colony." He established the Whitney Trust in 1901 to promote sports such as golf and polo. He was called "Aiken's most distinguished citizen" at his death in 1904.
Menu selections include The Whitney Burger, Pesto Shrimp Linguini, Blackened Salmon, Filet Mignon, and Chicken Piccata. The lighter fare includes salads, boursin spread, soup du jour, shrimp cocktail, seared Ahi tuna and mussels.