The “History Hop” tour will take place on Saturday, October 23 from noon to 4 pm in Aiken.
During the Aiken event, two of the City of Aiken’s vehicles will shuttle guests between five museums. They are, in order:
1. Aiken County Historical Museum
2. Aiken Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame & Museum
3. Aiken Visitors Center & Train Museum
4. Center for African American History, Art & Culture
5. Savannah River Site Museum.
In between the trolley/shuttle stops, historical highlights will be pointed out to guests by on-board tour guides. Guests are encouraged to hop on and hop off at each museum – all of which have free admission. You can park at any of these five museums to hop on the trolley and start your adventure.
Thanks to the generosity of the City of Aiken’s Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Department, the “Aiken History Hop” is free and open to the public. No tickets will be required for the Aiken event. Masks are strongly encouraged while riding in the trolleys.